Honey-Baked Coconut Shrimp Recipe
We've always loved coconut shrimp, but never loved the deep fried effect - greasy fingers and stomach aches - that ensued. Now, thanks to this recipe, we can now enjoy these delicious delights, guilt free! Coated in a coconut crust, juicy shrimp are baked until golden brown and dipped in a sweet apricot sauce.
½ cup honey
1½ cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
26 large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Apricot Dipping Sauce
2 /3 cup apricot jam
3 tbsp Heinz chili sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1) Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the shrimp, pour honey in a medium bowl and warm on high in the microwave, 20-25 seconds.
3) On a large plate, combine panko, coconut, cumin, salt and pepper.
4) Taking shrimp one at a time, dip in honey and then coat in coconut mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 14 minutes, gently flipping shrimp halfway through baking.
5) For the sauce, place jam in a medium bowl. Warm in the microwave for 45 seconds. Add chili sauce and Dijon mustard, stirring to combine. Serve with baked coconut shrimp.